in the right of all people to have conditions and resources for good health,
including peace, shelter, education, food, income, access to health care, a stable
ecosystem, sustainable resources, social justice, equity and social inclusion.
a community that is healthy and just and supportive of all.
Together we support people and communities in achieving and maintaining their best possible health and social well being.
- To provide holistic programs and services that are respectful, relevant and effective;
- To reduce barriers that prevent people and communities from achieving their full potential;
- To enable people to remain in, and participate in, the life of their community;
- To seek and share knowledge and resources so that individuals and communities are empowered; and
- To manage our resources responsibly.
Our Strategic Directions for 2011-2016...
- Maintain and further build excellence in meeting health and community needs
- Reduce barriers to health and well-being caused by poverty
- Increase our capacity to improve mental health and to reduce addictions
- Continue to lead in health and social service integration
- Foster innovation in the pursuit of excellence and quality service
- Strengthen our advocacy and action for the conditions that lead to health and well being
- Further develop partnerships to strengthen our impact.