Chiropody is the study, management and prevention of disease and disorders of the foot. People living with Diabetes in the Champlain Region who need specialized foot care can be referred to the chiropodist by their Physician, Nurse Practitioner or a Diabetes Educator.
The chiropody services offered at the Whitewater Bromley Community Health Center include:
- diabetic foot care,
- diabetic foot screening,
- treatment of nail and skin disorders of the foot,
- biomechanical and gait analysis,
- production of custom made foot orthotics,
- treatment of ingrown nails,
- wound care and general treatment of soft tissue injuries of the foot.
Services not provided include:
- nail cutting service ,
- regular ongoing care of corns and callouses.