We recognize at WBCHC that there is no health without mental health. We strive to provide services that will promote and protect one’s mental health and wellness.
Counselling Services are offered as a means to help people develop skills to address the challenges they face and to build confidence in their own inner strengths and resources.
We provide the counselling services by our Social Work Counsellor for for our clients. Our social work counsellor can assist you with the following:
- Personal crisis, such as a sudden loss (eg. death in the family, loss of employment or marriage separation)
- Coping with
- mood disorders such as anxiety r or depression, difficulties regulating emotions
- Support through grief, loss and bereavement
- post traumatic experiences, such as sexual assault, physical abuse or other childhood traumas.
- Feelings of hopelessness, loneliness or isolation
- Family conflict and marital conflict
- Stress and anger management
- Some Personality disorders and referral to specialized care as needed
We strive to provide compassionate client care, therefore, your visits with the social worker will be in a safe and non-judgemental environment.
The Social Workr Counsellor will assist in identifying your strengths, develop a therapeutic plan, link you to local resources and refer within the WBCHC health care team for a holistic approach to your health and wellness.
Appointments can be made for
Appointments can be booked with our social work counsellor through reception:
Community / Group Programs
We offer a range of programs for the community, including: